Funding is now available to develop sustainable activity that will prevent, or delay, frailty or cardiovascular health issues for Huntingdonshire residents.
Thanks to a successful bid to Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Integrated Care System, Huntingdon District Council plans to work with voluntary groups and community sector partners to deliver a coordinated programme to address the prevention of cardiovascular disease and frailty.
The overall programme is being delivered using the Council’s ‘Do, Enable, Influence’ model, in line with the 2023-28 HDC Corporate Plan.
- Do – Our Active Lifestyles and One Leisure Teams and facilities will be organising additional sessions and activities.
- Enable – We are also looking to support and work with organisations who wish to deliver new and sustainable initiatives.
- Influence – We may also be able to support innovative approaches that seek to connect residents to existing services or opportunities that prevent or delay frailty or cardiovascular disease.
Any proposals must address one or more of the following:
- Physical Activity – Frailty Prevention
- Physical Activity – Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
Please note applications will only accepted from organisations that have discussed their idea(s) with the team prior to application.
For more information please contact:
Health Inequalities Project Manager
Click here to see HDC Corporate Plan